Thursday, August 8, 2013

Awesome survival firearms!

I am going to go out on a limb again and talk about some awesome firearms that can be used for survival situations. Looking at some other survival blogs, some of these guys get torn to pieces for providing intel one way or another about how good a particular caliber is, etc. So...I'm not going to do that! I am just going to show you some really cool guns, and leave the conjecture out of the equation.

First up, and probably the coolest is the Springfield Armory M6 Scout. I saw this weapon on a show called Ultimate Survival: Alaska on Discovery Channel, and I instantly thought must have one. The cool thing about the M6 Scout is that it fires both a .22 Long Rifle or .22 Hornet round out of one barrel, and a .410 shotgun shell out of the second barrel. It can store both types of ammo in the butt-stock, and weighs only 4.7 pounds. This thing is definitely a survival weapon. Originally it was made as a survival weapon for pilots in the U.S.A.F from 1950-1970. It has been in and out of production and is currently out of production since 2008, so if you can find one, all the power to you! Definitely worth it though if you can find one.










I can't even begin to explain how cool the Henry Arms AR-7 is. It is a rifle that literally breaks down and fits inside its own butt-stock. The entire gun can be broken down, stored nicely in the butt-stock, and sheltered from the elements. When stored away it measures only 16.5 inches long and weighs 3.5 pounds. It also comes with two 8 round magazines that fit inside the stock as well. The best part is, it's widely available and costs less than $300.



Now, this is where it starts to get dicey...A survival handgun. This topic alone can be debated for hours on end about various makes, models, calibers, etc. I am not going to go into all of that! I will throw out a couple good handguns that I have personally used, and leave it at that! I mentioned my Taurus firearms in previous posts and I obviously stake my life on them on a daily basis so I won't reiterate them here. Check out my previous post for more info on those.

This particular handgun pictured below is a Springfield Armory 1911, which is one model that I have fired. I also have owned a High Standard Crusader Compact 1911, which is also pictured below. Both of these handguns, and any 1911 will never steer you wrong. They have proven themselves time and time again for over one hundred years and gun manufacturers are still making them. In my opinion a 1911 is as badass as it gets and as simple as it gets. Anyone can learn to shoot, clean, and carry a 1911.



Next up is a Beretta 92FS. The Beretta 92FS is the civilian model of the well known military standard issued Beretta M9. It is a 9mm handgun and carries 15 rounds. The reason I picked it, is mainly because of its ease of use, familiarity with most people who have fired a gun at all, and because it is so reliable. I would definitely recommend any 92FS model, not just Beretta's. Taurus also makes an excellent 92 model. As you can see from the pictures below, it's hard to even tell the difference.











That's all I have for you this time. Let me know in the comments of any other cool survival guns I left out. Until next time!

Stay safe out there,

Chris Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment