Monday, March 24, 2014

Apocalyptic Empire change of direction!

So I've kept this largely under wraps, because I wasn't sure how I wanted it to play out, but I've decided to let everyone know exactly what has been going on with the Apocalyptic Empire Series.

Over the course of the last few months I have been secretly working on re-branding the series, rewriting the first two books, and completely changing the entire look and feel of the books. I have changed the author name, the character names, and completely changed the style of writing in the books. I feel like this will enhance the story, make the book more readable, and make an overall much more enjoyable experience for everyone.

I have also enlisted the help of a very professional editor, and a new cover designer to create the look and feel that I was sorely missing. I have also enlisted the help of Alika from SHTFReady.com as an advisor. He is helping me create a much more vivid and reader friendly series.

Add to all of that and I also have a new website that I will be rolling out in the coming months.

I will create future updates with my progress as I go through this great transition period, but I didn't want to keep fans of the series in the dark for any longer than necessary.

As it stands, book one is currently about 25% through the rewriting process as I had added about 100 pages of content in just the first quarter of the book. I have added new characters to flush out some of the beginning stories of the Outbreak, and also to add more action and suspense through the beginning days. I've removed a lot of the issues that I had the first time around, and this will greatly help a lot of people thoroughly enjoy the books.

Lastly, I just wanted to leave you guys with the new details of the series.

The series will now be called "The Hatchery Compound" with the titles of each book as follows:

The Extinction Pandemic: A Post-Apocalyptic Novel (The Hatchery Compound)

Eradication is the Solution: A Post-Apocalyptic Novel
 (The Hatchery Compound)

Operation Reclamation: A Post-Apocalyptic Novel
(The Hatchery Compound)

Time for Expansion: A Post-Apocalyptic Novel

 (The Hatchery Compound)

Grayson Hawkins will be the author of this series, which I think readers of the original series will enjoy the new name. I thought it was pretty clever.

As always, I would love any feedback that you can offer, please feel free to email me or leave a comment.

Thanks so much for hanging in there during the transition and I promise the wait will be worth it. For all readers of Apocalyptic Empire, once we are done I will send out free copies of the new series as a gift for coming along for the ride. I really appreciate everything you guys do for me, and I want to do what I can to show my appreciation.

Also I will leave you with the book covers for the first two books. Let me know what you think please!

Stay safe out there,

Chris Blake
A.K.A.
Grayson Hawkins





No comments:

Post a Comment