Sunday, December 29, 2013

Back in action! Checking in!

I finally got a new Macbook and I have started writing book three in the series Reclamation. I have made some changes and switched to a past tense writing style to better fit the mold. I have also made some other tweaks and minor adjustments to get a better handle on everything. If I can keep up a normal writing pace I should be able to get Reclamation out before summer comes along! So keep an eye on the blog and website going forward for more updates.

I have been participating on a weekly basis over at Prepper Chicks - After Dark. We have been gaining a steady listener base and playing Conflicted, making hard decisions and deciding who gets to live and who needs to go. This of course made some waves and has caused us to rethink the whole show. I will be creating some crazy scenarios and then the team will be breaking down those scenarios, coming up with ways to avoid them and tactical solutions. Using this new format I think will be really engaging and get our listeners thinking about what they would do in these scenarios and also prepare them to avoid these scenarios. I am looking forward to the next episode which will be on Tuesday, January 7th.

Of course I won't be the only one on the show. My good friend, and biggest fan Alika will be on there as well. He runs shtfready.com a survival/prepper forum. They have some great information about survival and how to prepare yourself for a crazy scenario that could actually happen. I'm not saying that the Apocalyptic Empire won't reign, I'm just saying the odds are it will be a tsunami or something...

Also on the show is the host Lori from PrepperChicks. She is a crazy lady that keeps us all semi-inline and keeps the show going. She's super funny and always keeps the fun going. PrepperChicks on the other hand is all business. They are exactly like the title says, promoting prepping to chicks. Their goal is to spread the word of preparedness to women and getting the knowledge out there. She can tell you 101 ways to use a tampon, or maxipad, or something, just ask her...

Lastly, but not least is JD from Conflicted. He is the creator of Conflicted The Game. It's a deck of cards that contains some serious situations that make you and your friends/family really stop and think. If someone in your family answers each question with "just kill them all," you may want to rethink having them in your party when the shit hits the fan. JD is a funny guy originally from Brazil, and he's an awesome guy. He and I have partnered up on raffles and cross promote each others gear all the time. If you haven't checked out Conflicted, now's the time.

Tune in to Prepper Chicks After Dark at 11PM EST on 01/07/14 to check us all out!

On a personal note, I hope you all had a good Holiday season. New Years is right around the corner and I am super excited for 2014. I have two new books planned for 2014, and I plan on getting them both finished. I also plan on having many raffles and giveaways in between. On a way personal note, I have a new baby coming in March and we are so happy for that. So as we look forward to a new year, I wish you all a good one, and please check back with me later for more updates about the Apocalyptic Empire, and all that I have going on in the AE Universe!

Stay safe out there,

Chris Blake


No comments:

Post a Comment